At Las Vegas Laser and Lipo, our staff is extensively trained and updated on the latest techniques and technology on the cosmetic market. One such technique that is effective, innovative and relatively new is the use of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) in cosmetic procedures.
What is PRP?
Platelet-rich plasma is extremely beneficial when used in conjunction with cosmetic procedures. PRP is a small sample of the patient’s own blood that is collected prior to the procedure. The blood sample is then spun through a centrifuge for about 9-15 minutes, concentrating platelets and white blood cells into a separate component that is then extracted from the rest of the sample with a different syringe.
Extracting the PRP is a sterile process with a brand new sterile kit assigned to each individual patient. Once the plasma is extracted from the centrifuge, it is then injected back into the treated areas on the patient’s body. The regenerative stem cells of the plasma have the following results:
- Stimulating the natural growth of collagen – the protein responsible for structure – in the treated areas.
- Creating new fatty tissue, which provides natural cushion and shape to the treated areas.
- Making new blood vessels, improving circulation to the area and improving the skin tone.
What Cosmetic Procedures use PRP?
The use of PRP is greatly increasing across the country and is being used more extensively as more research becomes available about it. At Las Vegas Laser and Lipo, we integrate this cutting-edge technique into treatments you may already recognize, providing the same results in a more natural way that your body already knows. The treatments we currently offer that use PRP are:
- Vampire FaceLift®
- Vampire Facial
- Vampire Breast Lift
What are the Benefits of Using PRP in Cosmetic Procedures?
While studies are still being done on the extent of PRP’s uses in cosmetic and other areas of medicine, it has already been found to have the following positive effects:
- It offers the same results as traditional facelifts and breast lifts without surgery.
- Treatments are quick, typically taking less than a half hour.
- PRP is your body’s own cells, alleviating the risk of an allergic reaction that is possible with the chemical components of dermal fillers and volumizers.
- While results of any PRP procedures are different for everyone, patients have reportedly maintained rejuvenated, tightened and glowing skin on a long-term basis with regular treatment.
- Results begin to become visible shortly after treatments begin, usually 3-4 weeks.
Are There Any Side Effects from Using PRP?
As PRP is comprised of your own cells that your body already recognizes, the risk of side effects is minimal. During your visit, the experienced medical staff at Las Vegas Laser and Lipo will discuss these treatments with you to determine whether you are a good candidate and whether PRP rejuvenation treatments are a correct fit for your cosmetic concerns and expectations.