Aging is an unavoidable process. The effects will inevitably appear as you grow older, but nothing says that you have to look like you’re 70 when you’re only 40 years old. New methods of rejuvenating the skin, particularly in the face where age-related degeneration is the most prominent, are becoming more accessible. Non-invasive skin rejuvenation treatments represent one of the most advanced ways to resurface and revitalize the skin of the face without undergoing surgery.
Understanding the Effects of Aging on the Skin
As skin ages, it undergoes a number of processes that can make it look drastically older than it should. The collagen layer of the skin is an example of where this degeneration occurs. The collagen becomes less dense, and the fibers begin to restrict the collagen layer so it becomes thinner in certain areas. This leads to wrinkles, lines and other undesirable age marks.
Age spots and rosacea are two other conditions that tend to develop with age. Unlike collagen, these problems occur in the dermis layer of the skin. Given the way different problems develop in different parts of the skin, this means that a robust treatment capable of treating multiple age-related effects is required to rejuvenate the face.
Non-Invasive Skin Rejuvenation: What It Is and How It Works
Non-invasive skin rejuvenation works by using radiofrequency heat or ultrasound technology to address two key issues apparent in aging skin:
- It targets unwanted cells. This may include dead, dull skin cells responsible for clogging pores; age spots; scar tissue; and other cells that may reside deep beneath the top layer of the skin.
- It fosters the rejuvenation of healthy skin cells. This may occur in the collagen layer of the skin to smooth wrinkles; in the dermis layer to make skin have a more even tone; or in the epidermis to make skin appear shinier and smoother.
This two-fold approach allows for a greater rejuvenation than just one type of approach would, which in turn enables non-invasive skin rejuvenation to bring more potent results than other forms of non-invasive treatment. Non-invasive skin rejuvenation can:
- Improve the form of the face, which includes reducing the appearance of lines and wrinkles
- Reduce the appearance of conditions like age spots and rosacea
- Make the skin appear shiny and youthful
- Slow the onset of future age-related effects
These unique benefits come without the need for invasive surgery, extended healing or the risk of infections. This makes non-invasive skin rejuvenation an ideal treatment for many people facing the symptoms of age-related skin deterioration.
Get All the Facts About Non-Invasive Skin Rejuvenation
While non-invasive skin rejuvenation can bring amazing results to a person’s skin, it may not be the best course of treatment for all patients. This is why obtaining a professional opinion is often the best course of action.
Schedule a consultation at Las Vegas Laser and Lipo in Las Vegas so that our experts can evaluate the unique condition of your skin to determine the best way to reverse your signs of aging. Contact our office today to book your appointment to learn more.